Ever wished your hair looked as great as that girl in the shampoo commercial? Spoiler alert… it probably never will. Not because you don’t have great hair (you do, obviously.) It’s because TV commercials are magic. I know, I’ve been there to help oversee some of that magic. No, I’ve never been able to leverage some of that magic for my own hair.
But, recently, I tried out the Nexxus Diametress system and my hair feels magical and that’s a start.
I’ve been using the three-step (shampoo-conditioner-leave-in conditioner) system for about a month now and I have no complaints. If it had just been a week, I’d chock it up to ‘new product shock,’ but we’re still going steady about 5 weeks or so.
All three Nexxus Diametress products leave my hair feeling clean and refreshed. And get this, someone actually asked if I had a haircut because my hair looked like it had been professionally dried. I promise, I’m not THAT great at drying my own hair. The biggest bonus with this system is that I can go three days without a wash. I just dab some leave-in conditioner on the ends and I’m good to go.
So, until I can harness the power of commercial magic for my own tresses, I’m going to stick with what seems to be working right now.
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, though all opinions are completely those of me and my hair.
We are all consumers. And we find great things and not-so-great things by hearing what others think. So, here, now, I’m adding to all the existing reviews scattered about the Internet. Here are two things I came across this month — one that I’m loving, one that I’m leaving behind.
Loving: a new, everyday bag.
Leaving: a new, fancy mascara.
Loving: the bag, from Etsy shop, Sord. It zips, has a cross body strap AND shoulder straps, it’s super light-weight and super soft. Plus it’s handmade in the good ol’ U-S-of-A. I’ve only been wearing (using?) it about 3 weeks now, but I don’t see it going anywhere — or me going anywhere without it — soon. Worth every penny. I went between this, a Madewell tote and a Fossil bag for a while. I could not be happier with this decision.
Leaving: YSL mascara. With this one, it’s more like ‘Looks: 10, Dance: 3.‘ See, I should feel super stylish wearing/using/owning this mascara, but honestly, who is going to see that it looks so fancy other than Mr. GMET & #LouiseTheCat? The performance is lacking compared to my favorite Benefit They’re Real mascara. . It feels dry and the brush leaves a lot to be desired. Overall, not impressed.
What are you loving & leaving this month? Let me know. I’m always on the look for new things/ideas to love.
P.S. I received this YSL mascara from Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes. As always, the opinion here is mine, all mine.
It’s Monday, you guys! And I gotta say. It’s my favorite day of the week. I know it’s not a popular opinion but it’s the one I got. Here’s why.
Tuesday: The worst.
Wednesday: Stuck in the middle, but not awful.
Thursday: Almost the weekend!
Friday: Fun, but filled with pressure to check off all the things.
Now, a little more on why Monday, gets that one word I hold so dearly, “Awesome.” Monday is a fresh start. A clean slate. On Mondays, I don’t have time to have a “case of the Mondays.” I come in blazing, riding that weekend high. Looking to stir up trouble. To make something. To start fresh.
My favorite thing about Mondays is the chance to begin again. Why wait for a new year to start something new? Make a new week resolution. Heck, make a new day resolution if you’re into it. As humans, we look for a set time to start or end something. Monday is a perfect time for that. It can be a small goal, say, I’m going to eat a piece of fruit with lunch everyday. Or a bigger goal, like, I’m going to start training for a 1/2 marathon this week.
Me? I’m doing neither of those things this week. This week, I have no goals. I just have a fresh week to start filling with memories, meals and moments, big and small. ( + it’s the week of my spring show, so I’m sure it will be filled with many sequins and smiles as well.)
Do you make weekly goals/resolutions/lists? I want to know how you make Mondays the best day of the week. Or, maybe it’s just me? Tell me what day I should consider giving another chance.
1. Garbanzo Beans | Or chickpeas. Whatever you call them, they are delicious, when roasted.
2. Gold Geometric Necklace | So light, dainty, modern. I’d say it’s love.
3. Geometric Bear | Maybe it’s just “geometry” in general. I’m loving this bear brooch.
4. The Great Gatsby | My all-time favorite summer read. Get your copy here.
5. GIFS of CATS | Also known as Cat Gifs.
6. Gold Gilded Frame | This DIY shows how to get the look with what you have laying around.
That’s just a few of the things I’m loving right now. What’s on your summer reading list? What snack can you not get enough of?
Let’s start out the week, and the month, with the “F-list.” Not much to say today, so, let’s go…
1. Food Blogs | I love to read food blogs and look at the gorgeous photos. Here’s a collection of my fave food blogs.
2. Frank’s Red Hot | I put that ish on everything.
3. Feedly | It’s no secret now that Google Reader is on its way out. So, I’ve jumped on the Feedly bandwagon.
4. Flipboard | I’m all about the web this week. If you have an iPad, Flipboard is a must.
5. Farmhouse Style | I keep pinning tables like this one. Someday, someday.
6. Friends & Family | Hey, that’s you guys! And to celebrate you, and the month of April, I’m giving you, dear readers, 15% off anything in my Etsy shop all month long. Simply use code FF2013 at checkout!
I’m not going to lie. I put off making “The E List” because I didn’t think it would be as Easy as it was to come up with a list of favorites that start with E. But once I thought about all my favorite things in the world—I have a lot, hence the name of this blog—it was simple to compile this short list!
1. Epiphanie Camera Bags | You guys are probably sick of me talking about Epiphanie Bags. But I love the one I have and I love this cute chevron bag too.
2. Etsy | I mean. It’s my go-to for all things cute.
3. Easter Bunny Drink Stirrers | Speaking of Etsy, these drink stirrers, and all the other ones in this shop, are adorable.
4. Even Numbers | I’ve just always had a thing for even numbers.
5. Egg Holder | I love that this looks like it’s from Anthro, but you can find it at World Market.
6. Emerald Green | It’s the color of the year. You’ve got to get behind it with a cute iPhone case.
Hey guys. So, I’m a bit behind in my letter lists—really only one week—but I am going to get back on track. This week, with a few of my favorite “D” items.
1. Dothan, Alabama | I can’t let the “D” week go by without a little “hometown” love. What? You didn’t know I was from the “Peanut Capital of the World?”
2. Denim | I’m lucky enough that it’s acceptable at my office EVERY day. (Jealous yet?) Right now, I’m all about Ann Taylor’s colored and printed jeans.
3. Donuts | No joke, these chocolate-frosted Entenmann’s donuts were the only thing I would eat as a kid.
4. Door Knockers | Super cheesy, but wildly appropriate for my workplace. (Now I know you’re getting jealous.)
5. Daisies | They’re not my favorite flower, but they come in a close second place. | photo |
6. Diamonds | After all, they are a girl’s best friend, right?
I also love doggies, dancing, downtime and so much more. But that’s for another time. Right now, tell me, who wants to work at my office?
Like it’s a coincidence or something, today’s list, the C-List, is best summed up with a C-word: COZY. That’s what I’ve been seeking lately, coziness, as evidenced by a few of my favorite C items.
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies | This is “the best” recipe, according to the NY Times. I’m searching for a new one since going gluten free.
2. Coffee | especially a piping hot cup of Bustelo in my favorite mug on a weekend morning.
3. Cable Knits! | I only have a few that have been in constant rotation this winter. (The J. Crew version pictured is now on sale.)
4. Cat Pillows | Are these not the cutest? Ever? Grab a set on Etsy. (Yes, this cat kinda looks (scary) like Louise… but it’s not her, I promise.)
Does anyone have THE BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for me? Leave the link in the comments if you do. (Or just deliver some to my office… either way.)
My last name used to start with a “B,” so I’ve always been quite partial to the letter. Here are some things I’m loving from one of my favorite letters.
1. Business Card Holder Origami
2. Bag (yes, it’s a “diaper” bag but who cares, it’s cute!) as seen on Etsy
3. Batman Print (free shipping through 1/27) on Society 6
4. Bagel recipe (because I’ve been craving them since going gluten-free)
5. Boston (you’re my home!)
6. Bedding from West Elm
Happy Friday, friends! Do you adore any of my B picks? Or did I skip over your fave?
Todays’s post is brought to you by the letter A. So, with a new year, I wanted to collect some of my favorite things and share them with you now and again. I thought, what better way to do so than work my way through the alphabet.
Every other week or so, I’ll explore the next letter, which will take us all the way to December. Some things are thing of right now, like that delicious armoire up there. Other items are all-time favorites, like the also delicious avocados.
Here’s “the A list:”
1 Accordion Calendar from Paper Source
2 Alabama Cutting Board as seen on Etsy (They have other states too!)
3 Amazing Armoire from West Elm
4 America Necklace, also from Etsy
6 Anthropologie’s Arrivals.
Do you have any all-time A faves? Anything I should add to my own A list?