If you’re on Pinterest, you probably know it is quite the destination for all things cooking. And if you’re following me on Pinterest, you probably know I cannot resist pinning recipes. Pinning and pinning and pinning recipes.
Without further ado, I introduce the newest feature on Gets Me Every Time, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Pinterest Edition.” Here, I’ll highlight recipes I’ve made and loved (or hated) and if I did anything differently than called for.
The first featured recipe is one I pinned from Real Simple that racked up some repins & likes. We’re talking over 2500 repins and almost 300 likes. And for good reason—not only is this recipe real simple, it’s also real delicious. For real.
The recipe is Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta. And, like the above mentions and the name kinda gives away, it’s packed with tomatoes, shrimp and feta. Who would’ve thought? I follow the directions almost exactly. The only difference is I use frozen shrimp. They defrost under warm water while the tomatoes are roasting and then they’re ready to go in. Bonus? this also cuts the cooking time by 10-15 minutes.
This quick and easy weeknight meal goes great with pasta or quinoa—which will cook while this bakes. Or, pair it with some lightly sauteed spinach for a lighter meal.
Cue the recipe:
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 25m
- 5 plum tomatoes, cut in large chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound large frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and spoon the olive oil and garlic over them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss
- Roast on top rack of oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta.
- Return the dish to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm with the bread.