Let’s start out the week, and the month, with the “F-list.” Not much to say today, so, let’s go…
1. Food Blogs | I love to read food blogs and look at the gorgeous photos. Here’s a collection of my fave food blogs.
2. Frank’s Red Hot | I put that ish on everything.
3. Feedly | It’s no secret now that Google Reader is on its way out. So, I’ve jumped on the Feedly bandwagon.
4. Flipboard | I’m all about the web this week. If you have an iPad, Flipboard is a must.
5. Farmhouse Style | I keep pinning tables like this one. Someday, someday.
6. Friends & Family | Hey, that’s you guys! And to celebrate you, and the month of April, I’m giving you, dear readers, 15% off anything in my Etsy shop all month long. Simply use code FF2013 at checkout!
I’m not going to lie. I put off making “The E List” because I didn’t think it would be as Easy as it was to come up with a list of favorites that start with E. But once I thought about all my favorite things in the world—I have a lot, hence the name of this blog—it was simple to compile this short list!
1. Epiphanie Camera Bags | You guys are probably sick of me talking about Epiphanie Bags. But I love the one I have and I love this cute chevron bag too.
2. Etsy | I mean. It’s my go-to for all things cute.
3. Easter Bunny Drink Stirrers | Speaking of Etsy, these drink stirrers, and all the other ones in this shop, are adorable.
4. Even Numbers | I’ve just always had a thing for even numbers.
5. Egg Holder | I love that this looks like it’s from Anthro, but you can find it at World Market.
6. Emerald Green | It’s the color of the year. You’ve got to get behind it with a cute iPhone case.
Hey guys. So, I’m a bit behind in my letter lists—really only one week—but I am going to get back on track. This week, with a few of my favorite “D” items.
1. Dothan, Alabama | I can’t let the “D” week go by without a little “hometown” love. What? You didn’t know I was from the “Peanut Capital of the World?”
2. Denim | I’m lucky enough that it’s acceptable at my office EVERY day. (Jealous yet?) Right now, I’m all about Ann Taylor’s colored and printed jeans.
3. Donuts | No joke, these chocolate-frosted Entenmann’s donuts were the only thing I would eat as a kid.
4. Door Knockers | Super cheesy, but wildly appropriate for my workplace. (Now I know you’re getting jealous.)
5. Daisies | They’re not my favorite flower, but they come in a close second place. | photo |
6. Diamonds | After all, they are a girl’s best friend, right?
I also love doggies, dancing, downtime and so much more. But that’s for another time. Right now, tell me, who wants to work at my office?
Like it’s a coincidence or something, today’s list, the C-List, is best summed up with a C-word: COZY. That’s what I’ve been seeking lately, coziness, as evidenced by a few of my favorite C items.
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies | This is “the best” recipe, according to the NY Times. I’m searching for a new one since going gluten free.
2. Coffee | especially a piping hot cup of Bustelo in my favorite mug on a weekend morning.
3. Cable Knits! | I only have a few that have been in constant rotation this winter. (The J. Crew version pictured is now on sale.)
4. Cat Pillows | Are these not the cutest? Ever? Grab a set on Etsy. (Yes, this cat kinda looks (scary) like Louise… but it’s not her, I promise.)
Does anyone have THE BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for me? Leave the link in the comments if you do. (Or just deliver some to my office… either way.)
My last name used to start with a “B,” so I’ve always been quite partial to the letter. Here are some things I’m loving from one of my favorite letters.
1. Business Card Holder Origami
2. Bag (yes, it’s a “diaper” bag but who cares, it’s cute!) as seen on Etsy
3. Batman Print (free shipping through 1/27) on Society 6
4. Bagel recipe (because I’ve been craving them since going gluten-free)
5. Boston (you’re my home!)
6. Bedding from West Elm
Happy Friday, friends! Do you adore any of my B picks? Or did I skip over your fave?
Todays’s post is brought to you by the letter A. So, with a new year, I wanted to collect some of my favorite things and share them with you now and again. I thought, what better way to do so than work my way through the alphabet.
Every other week or so, I’ll explore the next letter, which will take us all the way to December. Some things are thing of right now, like that delicious armoire up there. Other items are all-time favorites, like the also delicious avocados.
Here’s “the A list:”
1 Accordion Calendar from Paper Source
2 Alabama Cutting Board as seen on Etsy (They have other states too!)
3 Amazing Armoire from West Elm
4 America Necklace, also from Etsy
6 Anthropologie’s Arrivals.
Do you have any all-time A faves? Anything I should add to my own A list?
If you follow me on Instagram (@copykelly ) then you might have seen this photo over the summer. I signed up for Influenster and almost immediately got my first “VoxBox,” which is a cute package full of samples of new products. This was a “beauty box” but there are mom boxes, health boxes and more.
Recently, Influenster relaunched their site with a redesigned, reimagined method of rewarding all that online social time we all seem to racking up. You can earn badges for your expertise in an area, such as beauty, or just for being in a certain life stage, such as college student.
In their own words…
The Influenster Makeover brings all new changes to this trendsetting community. Reviews, Influenster Scores, Public Profiles, LifeStage & Expert Badges, and Invite-Only Membership to name just a few changes.
The new site is clean, minimalist and easy to use. It does take a while to complete all the surveys to earn your badges, but I have a feeling it’s going to pay off big time with a fantastic VoxBox or two. There are also brand challenges to unlock which can give you a higher score which unlocks more perks. But again, it all takes time. In the end, I think you probably get out how much you put into Influenster.
Are you a member of Influenster? If you like to try products as they’re released, you can sign up today at Influenster.
** I was not paid or perked (yet) to write this particular post about Influenster. All opinions are my own. **
The weekends just seem to be flying by as summer comes to an end. (yes, I said it.) And while I wish it could last forever, there was a coolness in the air that I cannot deny loving. Here’s what I loved and learned this weekend.
1. We went back to Jimmy’s in Brookline and it’s still delicious.
2. Not having to blast the AC all weekend is a great thing.
3. The Pittsburgh Pirates have their best chance in years.
4. Going to the movies really can free your mind.
5. Nachos, like the ones in this recipe, are a must, every. single. weekend.
6. There are so many weird chemicals in the things we use daily. (I’m working on switching to (mostly) natural products for all things makeup, hair and household cleaners. Let me know if you have suggestions.)
7. It’s actually really is ok to wash the laundry and not fold it right away. Really.
8. New wool rugs shed. A LOT.
9. My girl is at it again to keep the green alive.
10. As evidenced by the photo above, I have some work to do.
Alright week, bring it.
Happy Opening Ceremony Day! The Olympics are under way and I’m so excited to watch and cheer on Team USA. Now, don’t get me started on that London Olympic logo. But, do get me started on all things Olympics. Here’s a little roundup from around the web, from me to you.
1 | get into the Olympic spirit by learning the history of the Olympic rings 2 | cheer on team USA wearing this shirt 3 | enjoy a skinny take on fish & chips with “fish-n-chip-cakes” 4 | mark off the olympic days on this letterpress calendar 5 | serve up treats in DIY Olympic ring jars 6 | and when they’re calling out all the countries you’ve never heard of, look through this epic volume of Olympic Gymnast hair
| inspiration via |
My friends know me well. Very well. Well enough to forward this DIY link to me. They probably even know me well enough to figure I would have all the supplies I need for this: sunglasses case, mini animal toy, paint, glitter, mod podge, glue, paint brush. Check, check, check, check, check and check. A no-brainer craft project… with one tiny tweak.
Here’s the thing. I’m probably not going to any derbies or polo matches soon. So, when else would I carry a glittery clutch? Nighttime is the right time. And if it’s evening, I can think of no one but this little night owl to accompany me out on the town. (Well, other than Mr. Gets Me Every Time of course. But, I didn’t think he wanted to be painted silver and superglued to anything.)
If you’ve been around the blog a while, you know that (because of the shop) I pretty much had an unlimited choice of animals to top my newest accessory with. And don’t think I didn’t experiment with some other guys. Have a look.
I was digging the preppy look of some of the red puppy, but in the end, the owl just really won me over. I mean, who doesn’t love a great hooter accessory?
I’ve got my eyes on some other inspired crafty DIY projects. Stay tuned.